March 22, 2013

relaxing 101

I'll be honest, this week wasn't the best. It was mostly just a very stressful work week. However I also found myself a little overwhelmed with life more generally, maybe in part a result of the gloomy "spring" weather we've been having. I was tense and on-edge and I was in desperate need of cheering up and a night (or three) of relaxation. So I thought that instead of my weekly recap post, since you pretty much got the gist of it (and there wasn't much to be remembered!), I would share with you some of my favourite ways to relax after a stressful day or week.

1. A hot bath with soothing tunes
2. A good book, hot cup of tea and a cozy blanket
3. A guilty pleasure show and a bowl of homemade popcorn (or ice cream)
4. A bit of pampering: an at-home manicure or pedicure, or an energizing face mask
5. Some gentle exercise, like yoga, Pilates or a brisk walk

What do you do to relax?

{via}

2 comments:

  1. this is very appropriately timed for my as well. hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers so thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!